This Safety Management System course for the aviation Industry is styled around the Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) defined in ICAO Annex 19 and focuses specifically on the European Regulatory requirements mandated by the European Union Regulations for Air Operators, Approved Training Organisations, CAMO’s and Aerodromes. This course provides delegates with sufficient knowledge and skills to understand the concept and philosophy of SMS, supplemented with specific documentation mandated by regulations.
On completion of the course, the delegate should
- know the practical aspects of SMS
- be equipped with the tools required to address risks, hazards and safety issues.
- develop competence to set up and implement an effective SMS in the organisation.
- upskill competence to maintain an effective system
Delegates involved in Air Operations, Approved Training Organisations, CAMOs and Aerodromes, interested to implement and maintain a robust Management System.
- State Safety Programmes (Overview only),
- Organisations Safety Management Systems,
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management principles,
- Safety Assurance,
- Safety Performance Indicators and Safety Promotion.
Including case-studies, to apply a practical aspect to the theory learned.
- Regulatory background and framework (ICAO SMS SARPS, ANNEX 19 and European Union regulated (EASA) Management Systems)
- State Safety Programmes
- Components of a Safety Management System
- Accident causation and root cause analysis
- Worldwide Aviation Safety performance
- Safety Culture/Just Culture
- Active and latent failure modes
- Hazard Identification Processes
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Methodologies
- Internal Safety Investigation
- Effective Barriers – Controls and Risk Mitigation
- Safety Performance Monitoring and Measurement
- Management of Change
- Continuous Improvement
- Emergency Response Planning
The delegates may sit an exam. The exam is reviewed and feedback returned to the candidate.
to be confirmed
to be confirmed