‘Teaching and Training’ is only effective if it promotes learning. Instructors are expected to be not only highly competent in the subject being taught, but also effective in the way on how to instil learning. Understanding how people learn and gaining an overview of the training cycle by recognizing the roles and responsibilities as a trainer, are key values for a successful trainer.
The Train the Trainer programme has a duration of 20 hours and is formally recognised as leading to an MQF (EQF) level 4 Award. It will be delivered over 3 days on the 10th, 11th and 13th July 2023.
This course is qualified under JobsPlus – Training Pays Scheme.
This Train the Trainer programme is designed for learners who wish to obtain the theoretical knowledge and practical experience required for delivering effective training. Training sessions are delivered supplemented with a number of activities that will touch upon the covered topics.
- Training – The purpose of Training and Training Defined
- The learning processes
- How adults learn and overcome barriers to learning
- A systematic approach to training – The Training Cycle
- Analysing Training Needs – Identifying training demands and participants’ needs
- Defining and writing Learning and Behavioural objectives
- Planning and preparing for sessions that facilitate the learning process
- Designing resources that meet the learning styles of participants
- Characteristics of a good trainer
- Delivering effective training sessions in class and online
- Gaining and maintaining attention
- Motivation issues
- Assessing learning and evaluating training effectiveness
The programme is aimed for employees who from time to time are required to train others, current and would be trainers, managers, human resource development generalists, and technical specialists who have input or make decisions about training.
09th October 2023
Aviation Maintenance Academy, Soteria Buildings, Dawret Ħal-Għaxaq, Għaxaq GXQ 9011, Malta